Old September 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
PCool

Default XC Soar with Vario input

"Paul Remde" ha scritto nel messaggio

If XC Soar can receive data on 2 comm ports (which is unlikely, but maybe
possible) then you could receive the Tasman data on one com port and the
internal GPS on a different comm. port. However, I have never seen any
soaring software that was able to receive data on 2 comm ports at the same
time. So I'm pretty certain that an external GPS is required. Any GPS
that can send data at 9600 baud would be fine. An EW microRecorder is a
good option if you want an IGC approved logger.

XCS does indeed support TWO different serial ports as input for gps and
external varios or other instruments.
Actually many people with the HP 310 series (310, 312, 314, 316 ) are using
it.

Paolo