Old September 24th 15, 12:22 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
Walt, we do not have such strict insurance requirements. They used to require at least 200hrs airplane, 25 hrs tailwheel and 5 Pawnee or be named on the insurance. We had no problems getting named pilots, just don't have a lot of them. Because of our training program we now have an open policy. If we say you can fly the Pawnee, you are covered. We do due diligence in training. We still want 200hrs power. We can provide the 10hr tailwheel checkout, at cost. We provide the Pawnee and tow training and mentoring.
BillT
Bill,

Our insurance at a commercial operation requires 500 total time and 150 in taildraggers. I believe your requirements are more sensible and quite adequate. I understand that in some cases the chief pilot can approve another pilot with less experience and while experience is the great teacher, intelligence, maturity and a willingness to fly within ones own parameters is of paramount importance IMHO.

Walt