Old September 25th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default Voltage, EDM-700, trim switch follow-up

In article ,
Frank Stutzman wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

Today, we're installing the JPI outside air temperature probe that I
purchased last May. We're gonna install it like Jack Allison did,

Once that's installed, I'm planning to remove the ugly through-the-
windshield temperature probe.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the JPI OAT probe is STCed as a
replacement for the factory-though-the-windshield probe.

I went the field approval route when I replaced mine. The digital OAT probe
I used is PMA'd for a Bonanza but not Piper.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)