Old September 29th 05, 03:46 PM
Kris Kortokrax

Default Change in AIM wording concerning procedure turn

While posting changes in my Jepp book last night, I came across the
following change to the AIM.

Kris

Old text

5-4-9. Procedure Turn
a. A procedure turn is the maneuver prescribed when it is necessary to
perform a course reversal to establish the aircraft inbound on an
intermediate or final approach course. The procedure turn or hold in lieu of
procedure turn is a required maneuver. The procedure turn is not required
when the symbol "No PT" is shown, when RADAR VECTORING to the final approach
course is provided, when conducting a timed approach, or when the procedure
turn is not authorized.

New text

5-4-9. Procedure Turn
a. A procedure turn is the maneuver prescribed to perform a course reversal
to establish the aircraft inbound on an intermediate or final approach
course. The procedure turn or hold in lieu of procedure turn is a required
maneuver

(the following text is underlined in the AIM)