Old October 18th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

Default KLN-90B

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:30:21 GMT, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com
wrote:

"comanche driver" spamawayassh.ole wrote in message

"Mike" nospam@ microsoft.com wrote in message
" wrote in message
I am considering KLN-90B as replacement for my M-3 Approach. Question
for experienced KLN-90B users: Legality aside, can you operate
KLN-90B in approach mode (doing GPS approaches) with an outdated
database?

Thanks in advance,

Robin Hou

Yes.

anybody who does an approach in actual using a gps with an outdated data
base on a gps approach is just plain stupid.

Be that as it may you can still train on the GPS with an outdated database
in VMC all you want, which is why I assumed he was asking the question.

Until the procedure is changed and the waypoints on the box and on the
chart don't match any more.