Old August 30th 18, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Default Air parks and gliders

At Willis Gliderport (FA44) , bylaws were put in place that homes/lots could only be sold to a ...current licensed pilot with a current medical. And all runway taxiway issues requiring a vote can only be voted by lots having a pilot owner (some of our lots have divorcée, widows). This was done after learning other private airports nearby were being taken over by non-aviators.
As far as concerns with development near FA44, Florida Real Estate Laws stipulates that buyers be informed of airports within ‘noise’ range and buyers sign an acknowledgment to such. We have had a few filed noise complaints, mainly against those practicing aerobatics. But after meeting with the complaintee educating them, things settle down. It has been a long time since we got any complaints. FA44 is a quiet little use airpark.
The county position is this is a civil matter and they have no jurisdiction.. Civil litigation against airparks is difficult as both State and Federal laws protect airports.