Old November 20th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default The "darker side" of flying (Night Landings) with ATC COMS -Video

On Nov 20, 7:24*am, B A R R Y wrote:

Weird... * I sent it to others, and it worked. *Sorry about that. *Try
hitting it from he *http://www.bburke.com/flying/videos.html

Worked, plus the benefit of viewing the other videos :-))) Didn't
need much runway for your PVC landing!

Ah-ha! * That makes perfect sense! *You just add the audio in when
editing the video. *Since there's no movement that coincides with the
sound, it would be easy. *I could ever record with laptop and sound card.

Somewhat true on the no movement. You have to be careful if ATC gives
you a heading that you match up the turn with the instruction. In
that case, I get the heading change, prompt myself "camera on for
heading 220", turn the camera on and make the turn. This ensures that
the movement / turn / bank of the cowling is in sync with the
instruction. Or in my no gyro video, that the instruction matched up
with the instrumentation values.

I do adjust the volume downward on my video portion, but you still can
hear me talk, so on low RPM situations, there is a slight "echo" if
you listen carefully enough. Also sounds like my flap making a click
in the indentation can be heard, so when I say flaps, in the video I
listen for that click to sync up with me saying flaps. Other then
these small nuances, it's not that bad in the sync process. Feel free
to email me if you want/need tech details of the video editing
aspect. Got a free programs that will help make it sooo much easier
with the sound clips.

I can build patch cords, etc... * I thought you were recording it
directly to the video. *My cheesy camera doesn't have an Audio In jack.

Cha-ching same situation, no audio in. My camera is just a shirt
pocket size Kodak Easyshare point and shoot camera. Not the full
blown version that really does run circles around mine for video
quality. I just couldn't justify the cost for a full blown video
camera, purchasing the "setup equipment" in the cockpit.