Old April 1st 21, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default I Need To Know

wrote on 3/31/2021 7:26 PM:
On Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 10:17:37 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
wrote on 3/31/2021 4:43 PM:

,,,

A hike around and back to camp is not a safari, and neither is flying around and landing where
you started. Have you ever been on a glider safari? They are a lot of fun! And they are a
different experience from flying from the same airport, day after day. I've flown safaris with
groups, and by myself (with my wife bringing the motorhome and trailer!). It's easier to do it
with a motorglider, but it works just fine with a towplane, too.

I was on a Safari in Africa where we had a base camp and came back to that location every night, pretty much the same as the soaring safari that we just completed here in Vero Beach. I guess the motor glider reference has you spinning,

We're talking glider safaris here. No one drives to the airport thinking they are going on a
safari! It always means traveling along to different places to fly, and that's what I thought
you meant when you first began talking about it, and was surprised when all the flying was at
the same place. What you did is very good, but it's better called a "soaring camp/encampment".
If I were within a couple driving days, I'd like attend your camp, but I'd drive 3 days to
attend if it were safari.

Your motorglider references do seem egregious, but I'd still be willing to attend if I lived
closer :^)