Old May 11th 05, 03:14 AM
David Leonard

That bunch of stuff appended to the file is the whole *.cai file,
including the security record, encoded into ascii text (base-64?). Just
upload it to the OLC.

Papa3 wrote:
Thanks. Required a bit of troubleshooting to figure out why the DOS
shell was throwing an exception ("can't run 16-bit applications...")
Got that sorted out as well. I always wondered if my knowledge of
DOS commands would ever be useful again. Thank goodness for
soaring...

Anyway, it looks like it didn't work. Popped open the file in text
editor after the DOS application successfully ran, but there are
thousands of bytes of ASCII characters appended to the file. It sure
doesn't fit the syntax of a G Record per the IGC specs. Is there a way
on the OLC to validate a flight without going through a full submission
(I tried, but can't find it)? SeeYou doesn't seem to have that utility
(although I can't run help to RTFM, because the help process seems to
also throw an exception). Oh, and the original cambridge VALI DOS
programs won't work on this translated file.

Editorial rant: I run a freakin' software development organization
for a living, and I fly for fun. This is starting to look seriously
like work.

And, back to my original request, assuming I get this sorted out, has
anyone created a simple script that will run on the pocket PC to do
this in situ (on the Pocket PC)?