Old May 22nd 05, 07:46 AM
tony roberts

Snipped for brevity . . .
So, lets hear it!

You don't say where you live now.
The USA is not automatically your best choice - especially with all of
their restrictions for training aliens right now (and in the USA you
don't necessarily have to look like ET to qualify as an alien
Do you want to fly wheels/floats/amphibs/skis? You don't say.

I also prefer small town airports to big metros.

Why? What experience do you have in either to qualify you to make that
distinction? A PP-ASEL should be able to take you anywhere, and
rereading your original post, it sounds as though you are looking for a
licence that will allow that.

I also prefer small town airports to big metros

You don't "usually" find the best instructors in small towns.

I'm not attempting to push you in any direction - I'm merely suggesting
that you delay your final decision and keep asking all of the right
questions.

Good luck to you - I hope that you find exactly what you need.
Anything less than the best training can kill you - take the time and
find the best - it isn't a race - it's the start of a good habit that
you can build on.

You are embarking on a great adventure
and you won't regret it.

Keep us posted,

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

In article . com,
wrote:

Hi folks,
If you want to learn to fly and have half a year or more to take off
and live anywhere in the USA, where would you go to learn to fly?

I ask this because I have the opportunity in 2006 to live anywhere
(preferably in the US) to fulfill a dream I've had since I was 5. I am
25 years old now and am self-employed and therefore can live anywhere
for the time being on a moderate income of around 50K.

So, if I could focus all of my time and energy on flying lessons, where
would you go? Alaska? Seattle area?

I am just interested in a PPL, not commercial, but I want to learn from
the best. I also prefer small town airports to big metros.

So, lets hear it!

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL