Old June 17th 08, 11:10 AM posted to aus.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default 'twas a day when the world was shut....

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:04:49 -0700 (PDT), More_Flaps
wrote:

On Jun 17, 12:11*am, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
The tank dipped a reassuring 26 litres beside the clubhouse and it was
in for a goffer.
3 hours 28 minutes went into the log book that day for a flight to
Perenjori and back averaging 20.2 litres per hour at 122 knots
indicated.

not a bad afternoon's trundle If I do say so myself.
98 litres of high octane avgas was all it took.

I'm puzzled, how do you figure 98 lters with a consumption of 20.2/hr
fot 3.5 hours? Also did you log time on the ground or was your plan
way out?

Cheers

thanks for that! I diddled myself out of an hour in the logbook.

the figures were figurative, some were beer blured :-)

work it out yourself as an exercise.

88 litres consumption.
depart 12:05, arrive 14:13
depart 14:42 land back at 16:15

home to northam 62nautical
goomalling 23 nautical
dallwallinu 65 nautical
perenjori 50 nautical

return was direct northam 135 nautical
then home.

you can have a beer out of your fridge if you work out the answer :-)

Stealth Pilot