Old July 19th 05, 05:42 AM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:PGZCe.186228$xm3.160651@attbi_s21...
Yeah, that's hot. But remember, it's not the humidity, it's the HEAT!!

Wrong!

It's funny, though -- two months ago we would have thought 88 degrees was
HOT.

Today it was 88 degrees, the humidity was down, and people were commenting
how cool and comfortable it was!

Quite!

Several years ago, on the day it hit 120 in Phoenix, one person died, The
same day it hit 104 in Chicago and something like 115 people died. In
Phoenix, the humidity was 6 percent; in Chicago it was 90+/- percent.

In high heat/low humidity you mainly stay out of the sun; high humidity you
can't hide from.

A few years ago in August, I had to travel from Houston (90 degrees) to
Bakersfield (110): I was sooooo glad to get to Bakersfield!! :~)