Old June 10th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Better drivers?

Peter Duniho wrote:
If anything, I find some of the most common problems with driving
(aggressive driving such as tailgating and speeding, lack of basic knowledge
of right-of-way rules) to be quite rampant among the drivers with whom I
share the airport parking lot.

What I *would* agree with is that pilots are an arrogant lot, with a
tendency to think that they are superior to the average person and a
misplaced belief that that above-average-ness permeates throughout their
entire existence. I've seen that attitude posted here enough, that's for
sure.

This reminds me of a remark I once heard from a hospital administrator
regarding physicians (who he once held as above reproach). "You know,
if you're an a**hole when you go into medical school, you're generally
an a**hole when you get out". No reason to think pilots are any
different, I suppose.
CPW