Old June 10th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Better drivers?

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote

I remember going to lunch with a flight instructor and having her drive.
She scared the crap out of me. Not that she was aggressive; it was more
that she was just a **** poor driver.... wandered over the lines, etc. I
tried to get her to let me drive back but no go.

She's flying for a major now. As I recall, she was a good pilot; just a
really bad driver. I don't think there's any correlation at all. You'd
think the hand-eye coordination would help but apparently there are other
factors at work.

I can say the same thing about an acquaintance of mine, who is a pilot. All
over the road, and fast, too.
--
Jim in NC