Old October 18th 19, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Yahoo groups shutting down

On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 1:08:02 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 10:33:20 AM UTC-7, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Friday, October 18, 2019 at 9:58:07 AM UTC-6, JS wrote:
We had been looking at Groups.io for over a year, since a previous hiccup in Yahoo groups.

The groups.io migration was pretty quick and very easy.

Because of the different layout of the two sites, links in your Yahoo group end up in Databases in the new group. Easy to clean up by using folders, but best to have all links in a folder under the Yahoo links tab first.

You may have to rebuild your calendar.

Messages seem to post instantly, compared to the sluggish Yahoo server.
Jim

What about the import of files and photos?

Frank

Files and photos, and all old posts imported.
For many aircraft-specific groups this is a must. Too much information to lose.
Jim

Thanks Jim, good to know. I read that e-mail attachments might not have been included. Not a big part of the mix in most of the groups I'm in, but one seemed to have more of those than the others.

Frank

Frank