Old June 24th 03, 05:04 AM
Tom Mosher

"Clark" stillnospam@me wrote in message
"Tom Mosher" gbronline.com@tmosher wrote in
:

"Phil Miller" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:40 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
wrote:

"Phil Miller" wrote in message

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 00:16:57 GMT, "Bill Silvey"
wrote:

"CJS" wrote in message

"Fosters, it's Australian for 'Here, you drink it.'"

That being said, a Vic Bitter or two can hit the spot.

James Boag's is pretty good stuff - not that I've had a great
huge amount of brews from down under, mind you.

Wow! A connoisseur. Yeah, I quite like a Boags on occasions.

Well, I'll tell you what. The first time (and sadly, the last time)

ever
had a boags was from a gourmet store (which closed soon after) near
my house. Now, I like it when beers taste "clean"; that is, the
underlying taste behind the alcohol is either nonexistant, or very
refreshing. Upon tasting a Boags, I was struck by how much like
pure, clean springwater

that
taste was. I was in heaven.

Yeah, I think the Tassie water has a lot to do with that.

Now of course I can't find it anywhere in the states. Probably for
the best; that lone bottle cost me about $5 USD!

This mob (among others I'm sure) will sell you some and ship it to
you, but you'd better be prepared for some hefty P&H;

http://www.quinndirect.com.au/beer/b...r&country=aust
ralia

Here's the brewers site;
www.boags.com.au

I'm also fond of Banks, from Barbados. A delicious lager.

Haven't heard of that one.

Cheers,

Phil
--
Pfft...english! Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Homer J. Simpson

Ah yes, Banks beer. I remember it well from my two-week vacation in
Barbados
many a year ago. Pretty good beer and very reasonably priced. My
brothers
and I would go through a case or so a night after scuba diving all
day.

Barbados also produces some of the best rum made - Mount Gay.

Bah, hogwash. Get thee to Venezuela - excellent rum, Polar beer, and
willing women. What more could you want?

No scuba diving that I know of in Venezuela...Barbados has decent scuba
diving plus caning if you break the law!

Tom