Old February 19th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.student
Sam Spade

Default If user fees go into effect I'm done

Chris wrote:

"Newps" wrote in message

The last time we had this fight was 10 years ago, the current system has
to be decided no later than Sept 30 because there is a sunset provision in
what we are doing now. They will, in the end, reauthorize the current
system pretty much as is. Taxes on airline tickets and per passenger fees
may get adjusted slightly.

The best way to tax is per ticket or passenger not on the value of the
ticket. That way the tax is not revenue dependent but movement dependent.
The Low costs airlines put less into the taxes whilst having more activity
which does not make sense.

Ah, the heart of the user fee battle. How do the common carriers
properly allocate the costs amongst themselves when, push comes to
shove, they cannot agree on much of anything?