Old April 30th 10, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave White

Default BMapper Background Map Management

On Apr 29, 10:27*am, RN wrote:
Thanks Andy, your recomendations work and have been successful in the
past.

The problem I was having is that the files I was looking for were not
in the BMapper root directory and I could not find them to delete
them.

It turns out that Microsoft has some security features that put files
in a directory other than the location the program specifies. Details
can be found by googleing "virtualstore".

The missing files turned up in C:/users/"yourname"/appdata/local/
virtualstore/program_files/BMapper. After finding them, it was easy to
delete the ones no longer used, and to move the other active ones to
the BMapper root directory.

The appdata/local....directory may be hidden by default. It is
necessary to go into "folder options" "view" tab to unhide it.

John

Nobody ever answered the question about how to share maps. I finally
was able to capture the desired map of north Texas, and would like to
offer it to others, but not sure how to do it. Maybe we could just
post the files to this group?