Old April 5th 20, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Glider Fire Sale

Question for u guys. Do you think we are going to see a massive glider fire sale after this china virus deal subsides? I wonder if this crisis and its associated lack of flying opportunities is going to convince many of the non-die-hard guys to leave the sport and divest themselves of many good older machines.

Why should this push someone to leave the sport? There will be a temporary shut-down of some glider operations, but the crisis will be over in a month or two. That could result in a pent-up demand to go flying after the lock-downs are lifted.

Clearly, selling a glider these days is a challenge (speaking as someone who has a motorglider for sale - hey, you don't need a tow pilot!). And that could persist for some time as people aren't working.

Tom