Old July 2nd 03, 08:41 PM
Pat Yearick

Ron,

I had my C-150 re-baffled a year ago. In the summer, the oil temp gauge
climbs pretty high but it doesn't go all the way up. I do have an
autofuel STC and it does seem to run a bit cooler on 100LL. My first
question is, how does one check to see if the gauge is calibrated
correctly? Also, might the retarded timing for the C-150 cylinder issue
contribute?

Thanks,

Pat

Ron Natalie wrote:

"Anony Mouse" wrote in message om...
I had a combined CHT/EGT installed recently.
A poster (MichaelR) suggested to go full throttle.
My advice: Don't do that.
Your CHT will be to high, you'll set yourself
up for frequent cylinder overhauls.

I think you might want to have your baffles looked at.
CHT's should not be as big of an issue in a 150 as yours
seem to be.

--

Pat Yearick
Consulting Sales Representative