Old January 27th 05, 06:04 PM
Bob Chilcoat

My father, who had many hours in 57 different types (see
http://users.erols.com/viewptmd/Dad.html), finally did it well after getting
out of the Air Force, in his Mooney M-18 ("Mite"). It's a tiny little
airplane, but typical of Mooneys, retractible and fast. As the plane
settled past where it should have gone "chirp" he had that sinking, oh ****!
moment. Fortunately, with a wooden prop there was little damage except to
the prop, his ego and the paint on the bottom. I don't even think they tore
down the engine. OTOH, he was really embarrassed. He'd always assumed
those things only happened to other, poorer pilots. Since I'm not complex
rated, I doubt that I'll ever have the chance to do it. Still...

"gatt" wrote in message

"...those who will forgot to lower their landing gear."

Was told this by a guest instructor. I'm not at all comfortable with

this.

Thoughts?

-c