Old July 21st 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

Default FAA requiring re-registration of airplanes, and then again every3 years

Saw a bumper sticker I liked the other day...
"I find myself becoming cynical, bad tempered and angry... AND THAT
****ES ME OFF."

Gotta' have one of those!
I'm relatively new to aviation. I took my first soaring lesson in
2001, bought my first (probably last) glider in 2003. At the time I
was amazed at the fact that I only had to register it ONCE. I can't
seem to get too worked up about the registration issue. If they
charged $150.00 every three years, it would still be less than I pay
for my cheapest motor vehicle, (about $70.00 / year) and I don't have
to pay to have it smogged.