Old July 22nd 10, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

Default FAA requiring re-registration of airplanes, and then again every3 years

On Jul 21, 7:05*pm, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Jul 21, 4:33*pm, T8 wrote:

On Jul 21, 2:12*pm, jim wynhoff wrote:

Saw a bumper sticker I liked the other day...
"I find myself becoming cynical, bad tempered and angry... AND THAT
****ES ME OFF."

Gotta' have one of those!
I'm relatively new to aviation. *I took my first soaring lesson in
2001, bought my first (probably last) glider in 2003. *At the time I
was amazed at the fact that I only had to register it ONCE. *I can't
seem to get too worked up about the registration issue. If they
charged $150.00 every three years, it would still be less than I pay
for my cheapest motor vehicle, (about $70.00 / year) and I don't have
to pay to have it smogged.

It's a small thing... in a larger context.

Maybe to you, but not to some of us. *And read the complete document
from the FAA. *It indicates (at least to me) that you can expect $45
per plane per three year period to start off. *Again, it may seem
trivial to some, but not to all of us.

Steve Leonard

Especially if you own a dozen or more sailplanes!