Old July 23rd 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mario[_2_]

Default FAA requiring re-registration of airplanes, and then again every3 years

On Jul 22, 3:56*pm, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Jul 22, 2:08*pm, Tony wrote:

On Jul 21, 1:12*pm, jim wynhoff wrote:

Saw a bumper sticker I liked the other day...
"I find myself becoming cynical, bad tempered and angry... AND THAT
****ES ME OFF."

Gotta' have one of those!
I'm relatively new to aviation. *I took my first soaring lesson in
2001, bought my first (probably last) glider in 2003. *At the time I
was amazed at the fact that I only had to register it ONCE. *I can't
seem to get too worked up about the registration issue. If they
charged $150.00 every three years, it would still be less than I pay
for my cheapest motor vehicle, (about $70.00 / year) and I don't have
to pay to have it smogged.

just because it could be worse doesn't mean it has to be.

I think we need to export all these bureaucrats. We don't need another
Europe here.

The FAA has released its final rule requiring the re-registration of
all civil aircraft over the next three years and renewal every three
years thereafter. The FAA proposed a $5 re-registration and renewal
fee, but the FAA reauthorization bill if enacted as passed by the
House would authorize the agency to increase the initial registration
fee to $130 and re-registration and renewals to $45. AOPA proposed an
alternative in 2008 that would have allowed the FAA to achieve the
same goals without the expense of reissuing aircraft registrations.
Read more ( http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/article... .mc_sect=adv
)