Old April 14th 04, 07:33 PM
Tex Houston

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
Don't know that I ever, in 23 years, served in a unit with a foreign
language motto on the patch. Most simply had the unit number or the
MAJCOM name---lemme see:

3526 Pilot Training Sqdn--no motto
Muletrain
Hacker (no mottos on flight patches)
4526 Combat Crew Training Sqdn--no motto
388th TFW (oops---Libertas Vel Mors)
421st TFS---"Ready, Willing, Able"
3526 Pilot Training Squadron--no motto
3525 Student Training Squadron (Academics)--"Who Dat?"
311 Combat Crew Training Squadron--no motto
388th TFW (still in Latin--Libertas Vel Mors)
469th TFS ---"World's Finest"
34th TFS ---no motto
401st TFS --- no motto
613 TFS --- no motto
USAFE -- no motto
479th TTW --- (oops ---Protectores Libertatis)
435 TFTS --- no motto
602 TACW --- no motto

Ed Rasimus

Ed,

Squadron patches seldom contain the foreign language mottos, nor do NAFs or
Commands. Seems to be a wing style but as I told John the other day when he
said he had never seen one without the foreign language quite a few contain
English currently.

Examples of Latin...(except 5th)

!st Fighter Wing
2nd Bomb Wing
3rd Wing
5th Bomb Wing
7th Wing
8th Fighter Wing

Six of the first seven I checked. A fairly complete list can be found at...

http://www.maxwell.af.mil/au/afhra/w...oups_index.php

Regards,

Tex