Old April 14th 04, 10:34 PM
SteveM8597

The 391st TFS of the 475th TFW at Misawa Japan in 1970 had a patch that said
Fortuna Audentes Juvat - Fortune Favors the Bold. The 301st patch was a
trialgular shield and the motto was on a rocker. The wing and squadron was
deactivated and many of the personnel assigned to Kunsan AB Korea first to the
3rd TFW later redesignated 8th TFW when that unit left SEA. We, the 391st,
became the 80th Headhunters. Guys began to tear the old patch off and often
the word Juvat on the rocker would reman attached. It begane first an informal
part of the flight suit and later a formal patch. The suqadron members became
Juvats as they are to this day though I doubt if many know the origination or
even the meaning of the logo.

Squadron patches seldom contain the foreign language mottos, nor do NAFs or
Commands. Seems to be a wing style but as I told John the other day when he
said he had never seen one without the foreign language quite a few contain
English currently.

Examples of Latin...(except 5th)