Old April 15th 04, 01:10 PM
BUFDRVR

Just because a unit served in France doesn't mean it had to have a
French motto, and vice versa.

Yes and no. The 2nd Bomb wing is one of the "original" Army Air Corps flying
wings, its emblem is displayed with 7 (I think its 7 others, maybe 8?) other
"original" Army Air Corps wings on the Air Force corridor in the Pentagon. All
8 "original" units have something on their emblem that ties them to France. The
2nd Bomb wing has two Flor de Leis (spelling...help...) and at least one other
unit has its motto in French.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"