Old June 6th 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chuck[_3_]

Default Towplane-Baron accident

I wonder if the CAP still operates from there?

Hi Ray,
SES and CAP were forced to move by the locals after the accident. Both now operate at Warm Springs.
One point I’ve not seen made - CAP (and SES) were required to operate from 03/21 by the Airport Authority. They were basically prohibited from operating on the main runway. This was spelled out in the Operating Agreement the club was required to sign shortly after they moved there if I recall correctly. I’ll never understand how the Authority did not get sued as a result (not a lawyer and didn’t play one on TV either).

Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.
Chuck