Old July 31st 03, 04:08 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:56:46 -0400, Drew Hamilton wrote
in Message-Id: :

This seems a reasonable assessment of Mr. Honeck's intent:

From: "Jason Kennemer"
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Last Chance -- Free Beer in Iowa on Sunday!

I think Jay's intent is to have a fun afternoon party, and try to
keep as many "guests" as possible at his establishment.

I believe I've made my points sufficiently clear in the previous
articles I've posted to this message thread.

PS, who the hell says "airmen" anymore, anyway?

Um, the FAA?

Well, according to Transport Canada, I only have a license to fly
"aeroplanes". That doesn't mean that anybody actually uses that
word.

It would seem that Transport Canada and your countrymen do indeed use
the word 'aeroplane.'

aero•plane \"ar-e-'plan, "er-\ noun [F aeroplane, fr. aero- aer- +
-plane, prob. fr. fem. of plan flat, level, fr. L planus — more at
floor] (1873)
chiefly Brit : airplane

Merriam-Webster

Then there is the he USAF:

air•man \-men\ noun (1873)
1 : a civilian or military pilot, aviator, or aviation
technician
2 : an enlisted man in the air force: as
a : an enlisted man of one of the three ranks below
sergeant
b : an enlisted man ranking above an airman basic and below
an airman first class

Merriam-Webster

Perhaps you might start a thread on this subject.

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,