Old January 28th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Corvair conversion engines

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:13:28 -0800, "Rich S."
wrote:

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
However, my real problem with the valve assertion is that I really don't
know anyone who managed to run one of these little air cooled engines long
enough and hard enough to burn a valve.

The 140 hp Corvair engines tend to lose valve seat inserts if overheated.

Rich S.

ANY aluminum head engine can loose valve seats. The secret is not to
expect more of the engine than it can safely produce. They guy who
did mine pinned them, but I don't plan on putting the pins to the
test.