Old July 27th 03, 06:37 PM
Don Tuite

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:57:30 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
wrote:

.. . .
Huh? Hardly. The UPS line of avionics is basically the same as it was
before UPS bought it, along with the company, from II Morrow. The
"freight-hauling parent" didn't do much design, if any, nor was it intended
specifically for their own fleet. It was targeted at GA from the outset, by
the original designer: II Morrow.

Frankly, I thought it was always a little strange that UPS bought out II
Morrow,

IIRC, II Morrow's original business plan was to use LORAN to provide
truck and taxi dispatchers with up-to-the-minute location info on the
vehicles in their fleets. They probably had UPS seed money.

but their current choice of how to dispose of their purchase is
going to be very bad for the avionics market. There's going to be even less
price competition than there was before, and I will be surprised if Garmin
leaves both product lines available intact.

Anyone know how to get the FTC to notice this and do something about it?

Oh my. Where have all the rec.aviation.libertarians gone? ?;- *

Is Garmin going to pull the operation out of Oregon?

Don