Old September 10th 04, 04:52 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Rene,

I'm sorry, but I don't have any answers for you. I have heard that using
PocketDOS for data transfers may not work with older, slower Pocket PCs but
I don't know any more than that.

The baud rate must be set as needed by the flight recorder. Since NMEA data
is sent at 4800 baud most flight recorders transfer all data at that rate.
However, I think some change the baud rate to a higher one for flight log
downloads. I'm not sure how to change the baud rate in PocketDOS.

Also, I think there have been improvements to PocketDOS since it was first
introduced. Make certain you are using the latest version.

Thanks,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"unt" unt(at)bluewin.ch wrote in message
Hi Paul

I tryed this too with a Filser LX20 and a Filers LX400. They have very old
DOS programs LX400.exe, LXFAI.EXE and LXGPS.EXE. With the LX20 I got
waypoints transfered but nothing more - no flight logs. It timeout after
receiving some data. With the LX400 I didn't manage to make any
connection -
it works with 9600.
We know that these programs also give problems with Laptops.
Do you have an idea how to set the COM port more specific to e.g. 9600 or
19200 and this stuff? Maybe that would help.
My equippment is an IPAQ 3660. Could it be that a faster PDA could be
better?
I managed to use these programs with my MAC IBook and VirtualPC and an
USB2SERIAL adapter. It is more hardware included in this chain but it
works,
so I think that it should work with an IPAQ and PocketDOS.

Thank's for any hint.

Rene.

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
news6F%c.147652$Fg5.82715@attbi_s53...
Hi,

I have just successfully tested using a Pocket PC for Themi flight log
downloads and task declarations. A utility called PocketDOS is used on

the
Pocket PC to allow the Themi DOS utilities to run. The process is pretty
straightforward for an experienced Pocket PC and DOS person like myself

(OK,
I admit I'm a techno-nerd - the first step is being able to admit it),
but
it may not be easy for many people. I have documented the procedure
required as well as listed the required data cables. You can see
details:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/themi.htm

Note that this procedure would work with any DOS utility for connecting
any GPS flight recorder. Cables for connecting a wide variety of GPS

flight
recorders to a variety of Pocket PCs is available in my Cable and Cradle
Selection Guide found he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...election_Guide

Good Soaring,
Paul E. Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
3M, Airpath, Birecki Software, Cambridge Aero Instruments, Dittel, EMTAC,
Filser, flyWithCE, Garrecht (Volkslogger), Glide Navigator II, Goddard,
ILEC, Intercomp, LX Navigation, Power-Sonic, RAM, Rikaline, Scheffel
Automation (Themi), Schumacher, Schweizer, SeeYou & SeeYou Mobile,
StrePla

&
pocket*StrePla, Tasman, Transplant, United Instruments, Winter,
Xenotronix