Old November 30th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr

Default Chicago area from the southwest - advice?

Weekends never were too bad from what I remember, Archer Ave. into
downtown would be a bad move though... for travel time you always take
a freeway there... if you want to be close to the rental place go to
Lewis, if you don't mind a 5 minute drive after getting picked up at
the airport go to Schaumburg, AVIS will come pick you up (their number
is (847) 330 2847, and the manager is named Barb, she's a good friend
of mine and when she came here to Hawai'i on her Honeymoon I flew and
her new husband around the islands, if you tell her I sent you she
should take good care of you), also the drive into downtown Chicago
from Schaumburg is very quick (20 minutes), from Romeoville (Lewis U)
it's over an hour, not only that but 06C has 100000% better planning
facilities.

It really depends on how quickly you want ot be behind the wheel of a
car, but all around Schaumburg is a better place, plus when you want to
hit the lakefront getting into the I-290 corridor (Class B corridor
between O'hare and Midway), and the only way to "break through" to the
lakefront, is a 8 nautical mile flight, from Lewis it's about 20 since
you have to make a big circle.