Old August 21st 03, 05:02 AM
Jeff Franks

Yep. Friend of mine is a AA pilot and told me that they had to land once
without flaps. Trouble was that none of them knew what the speeds were for
that setup, so they had to dig out the books ("professional" pilots mind
you). They were a bit close, so they went around and announced that another
plane had come out on the runway.

Kinda irked me because it gives the non-flying public the impression that
ATC/GA/Another pilot had put them at risk, when this was not the case. Why
lie? Just tell the passengers whats happening and get on with it.