Old January 3rd 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Jim Carter writes:

He's not flying in the system, but rather he's trying to program his
flight simulator scenarios. This is a case of learning the mechanics
without understanding the system.

For instrument flight, they work the same way.

MS - why don't you get a copy of the instrument flying handbook or the
TERPS manual, or some other good text and learn the system?

I have the IFR handbook, but it doesn't go into extreme detail for
phraseology, or I've missed it.

Every one of
the questions you've been asking are addressed in those and in the AIM
and FARs. These are the information sources that aspiring pilots use in
their pursuit of knowledge.

So what do you discuss on rec.aviation.ifr?