Old November 24th 15, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default LiFePO4 Batteries on sale.

Any idea if I had a solar panel for charging would I need some sort of controller to charge these LifePO4 batteries?

If your old "Sealed Lead Acid" (SLA) needs replacing, here is an opportunity to get a 12 Volt 9 Amp hour LiFePO4 battery. I have been using these for several years and would never go back to SLA's.

Lots of RAS threads on LiFePO4 if you need more convincing.

These are a direct drop in replacement to your old 12V 7A battery but weigh only 2.6 pounds. Here's the link.

http://bioennodepot.com/bioenno-powe...lf-1209ws.html

Craggy Aero also offers the same discount.

http://www.craggyaero.com/lifepo_battery.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com