Old June 20th 04, 12:09 PM
Neil Gerace

"Ian MacLure" wrote in message
"Neil Gerace" wrote in
:

"ian maclure" wrote in message
news
Call me old fashioned but were I loitering at low alt in mid-ocean
I'd want more than two engines available.

If this were an airliner I'd agree.

So, you believe that low and slow, crankin' and bankin'
is a more benign environment than cruise at altitude?
Not to mention the multiples of normal engine cycles
the MMA wil get in compressed time frames?

That's why they're using the BBJ airframe and not the regular -700 one, I'm
guessing. The BBJ has the fuselage of the -700 but the wings and gear of the
larger -800. Similar to the mods Boeing did to the 747-100 to make the -SR,
for short, frequent cycles.