Old August 11th 18, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
D S

Default Flying with Parachutes

On Friday, August 10, 2018 at 5:22:54 PM UTC-7, John Huthmaker wrote:
I'm just starting out with soaring. Simple question for you guys. How many of you fly with an emergency parachute? It looks like they cost around $2000 online. Pretty steep price; although the cost is insignificant if it saves your life. Is this something I should be looking to purchase?

When I was training and asked a similar question I was told something like "...well you can, but since you'll be doing a lot of pattern tows it won't do any good because you won't be high enough to work." I don't know if this is really true (for a typical parachute) but I took him at his word.