Old September 12th 04, 10:56 PM
B2431

From: "John Mullen"

In reality, they struggled. This was the regime that never launched an
aircraft carrier, and never built a convincing four-engined bomber.

Not to be too picky here, but the Nazis launched the Graf Zeppelin in 1938 and
started on "Carrier B." I don't know off the top of my head how far tthey got
on Carrier B. In any event it was scrapped in 1940. The Graf Zeppelin was
scuttled in April 1945. The Soviets raised it after the war and attempted to
tow it to Leningrad. It never made it.

It displaced 23,000 tons and was to have been armed with modified Ju87 and
Me109 aircraft.

Raeder want the aircraft carrier, Goering didn't and Doenitz preferred
submarines.

It would be interesting to see what 2 carrier based task forces, assuming one
carrier each, would have had on the outcome of the war. Had they existed before
the war the Brits would have had to provideair cover in areas they didn't need
to as was the case in the real war . I think very little commerce would have
gotten through from the US.

This is where denyev tells us the Graf Zeppelin was nuclear powered using a
sytem designed by the SS. This is also where art tells us the boat didn't exist
because I wasn't there, read about it in a book and he never saw it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired