Old November 19th 03, 04:36 AM
Darrel

I also wrote the President regarding a pop-up TFR for his visit to Dallas.
I got the letter, too.

Darrel

"Rosspilot" wrote in message
I opened my mailbox today and found a letter from the Transportation

Security
Administration. "Gulp", I thought to myself. What did I do?

Turned out to be an answer to a letter I had written months ago (July)
regarding the damn Presidential TFRs, and the difficulty they were

presenting
to pilots.

The letter, signed by Adminstrator J M Loy himself, was very polite and
understanding in its tone, and assured me that they were all working

together
(Secret Service, FAA and TSA) to minimize impact on GA's business and

provide
adequate security for the Pres, etc . . . "we will continue to strive for

reasonable balance, etc, etc . . . "

The last line is the one that really bothered me, though. It said, "Our
primary goal has been and always will be ensuring the public's security

from
any and all *aviation threats*." (emphasis mine).

www.Rosspilot.com