Old July 17th 04, 01:23 AM
Teacherjh

First, I have no idea why you say that "static discharge occurs after the
storm is already worth avoiding". Lightning is a very good indicator of
*active* thunderstorms, exactly the sorts of storms you'd want to avoid.

I think he (or she?) means that the storm becomes worth avoiding =before=
static discharge happens. So, there is a window of development of storms that
the stormscope does not cover. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I
think that is what was being said.

There are certainly "almost thunderstorms" that it's best to fly around.

Jose