Old May 7th 18, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Soaring not compatible with modern society?

I have also noticed that many outlanding sites in the west where I could land an ASW-24, I could not, without damage, land an 18 meter ASG-29.

Airports are best.

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 12:30:27 PM UTC-7, K m wrote:
This is a good point. I would not want to try an off airport landout in an open ship but a flapped 15M will fit just about anywhere. I think a lot depends on what a pilot is doing. On an OLC day I try to stick to airports but in a contest you take what you can get.
Sorry if I had the original comment out of context.
Kirk