Old April 26th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Kobra

Default Anyone ever hear this from a controller

Flyers,

I was flying IFR in VFR conditions and from NJ to Kissimmee, FL (KISM). As
I was approaching KISM the controller asked if I wanted to do a visual
approach or the ILS. Since I was in unfamiliar surroundings and wanted to
practice an ILS I said, "I'll take the ILS."

As I waited for the typical clearance of, "Cessna XXX, 5 miles from XYZ, fly
heading 180, maintain 2000 until established, cleared for the ILS XX
approach." I got, "Ok, just let me know when you want to start the
approach."

Huh!?! I didn't know what to do or say. I asked, "Do you want me to head
for the FAF?" Then another controller came on the frequency and said,
"Cessna XXX cleared for the ILS approach"

So I just headed for the FAF and began to intercept the localizer. The
controller than asked me what I was doing. I was so confused since they
were not using standard terminology. Thoughts anyone.

Kobra