Old November 25th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default A new pilot in the family

Jay Honeck wrote:
Woo hoo! Our 17-year-old son, Joe, passed his Private checkride
today, on a picture-perfect fall afternoon!

He flew the rental Cezzna 150 down to Burlington, IA to meet up with
his Designated Examiner, an old P-38 Lightning pilot named Tommy
Tomkins. He's the same guy that gave Mary her checkride nine years
ago -- and she said he was old THEN! He's well North of 80, but still
pretty spritely, according to Joe.

The ride took 1.4 hours, and contained no surprises. Joe was well
prepared, with a bit over 45 hours of "real" flight training time --
and about a thousand hours of "prep" time with us! I'm hoping to be
his first passenger tomorrow. Then we'll have to see about getting him
checked out in Atlas...

One down, one to go. Our 14 year old daughter has a couple of years
to go before she can get started....

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Congratulations to Joe, you, and Mary for a job well done.

--
Dudley Henriques