Old July 10th 03, 09:18 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Big John" wrote in message

Knew that but couldn't validate it on the internet (

After Bush getting bashed on the Uranium in his speech, thought I'd
only include what I could show to be true )

I spent a few months at Plattsburgh AFB in 1978, the KC-97s presence was
still felt then. Much of the KC-97 maintenance was done in "nose docks", a
large T-hanger like structure that the airplane could be towed into. The
wings and forward fuselage were fully enclosed, the wings in the crossbar of
the T and the front fuselage in the vertical, and a form fitting door was
shut around the fuselage aft of the wing. I saw the same structures at RAF
Lakenheath and K.I. Sawyer AFB, I expect most former SAC bases have them.
We could fit three FB-111As in one of them.