Old July 21st 03, 06:54 PM
Bud Mears

Are you sure that it was a Grob 109b and not a Grob 109a model that you are
referring to? The "a" model has a lower power engine and a thicker wing
airfoil which does not climb as well as the "b" model. I live in Minden, NV
and own a Grob 109b model. The density altitude runs 7500 feet most of the
summer. The Grob 109b climbs 300 to 400 fpm with full fuel and two aboard.
In addition I usually work thermals during climbout to speed things up until
engine shutdown.
Bud Mears 51
Remove "SUPER" to reply direct to sender

"BTIZ" wrote in message
Why?

I only ask, because I hope you are not in a desert high density altitude
environment.

We had a G109B at our home field, it was worthless in the summer..

BT

"Steve B" wrote in message
om...
my email address is
I am looking for a Grob motor glider. Thanks