Old July 30th 03, 05:32 PM
Stewart Kissel

This thread got me thinking of examples I have seen that draw attention t=
o our sport in a negative manner, my list would include:

1.) Towrope dropped on active and left
2.) No radio in glider to announce pattern
3.) Rope break drills with no pre-announcement
4.) Pilots who cannot remove their ship from the active without the tow-=
out gear, tow-vehicle, full flight debrief and bathroom break.
5.) The "5 minutes to hookup" that turn into control check, data-load in=
to logger, finding water tube, seatbelts, etc., etc..

Not to say these happen all the time, but in the world of aviation...our =
sport seems to be the only one that camps on the active for extended peri=
ods of time. And some pilots seem to think this is no big deal.