Old March 8th 04, 07:23 PM
Mike Rapoport

Yeah, I was sitting right next to him when you called. Visiting the ATC
center ya know? Saw the whole thing. He wanted to finish the game of
solitaire that he was playing on the radar scope and didn't want to be
bothered issuing a clearance, so he made up the whole part about being busy.
There really were't any airliners departing PHX that night, no military or
other GA traffic either.

Mike
MU-2

"Jeff" wrote in message
and how do you know it was busy ?
were you sitting next to the controller - or is this just another

assumption
on your part?

Mike Rapoport wrote:

Fine, but while flying above the nasty icing clouds, don't ask for IFR

descend to your destination in busy class B airspace!

Mike
MU-2

"Matthew S. Whiting" wrote in message
Mike Rapoport wrote:
If you are not prepared to fly in "nasty clouds" then you have no

business
filing, requesting or flying IFR.

Depends on your definition of nasty. I consider t-storm, funnel

clouds,
and clouds with temps below freezing to be nasty and I won't fly into
them, at least not intentionally. I hardly think that means I have no
business flying IFR.

Not sure what the OPs definition of nasty is, but that is mine.

Matt