Old March 8th 04, 08:36 PM
Snowbird

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message link.net...
"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
Jeff, with regard to "no one was talking except me". Be aware
that a controller can be handling 2 or even 3 frequencies, and
also depending upon how his airspace is set up he may need to be
doing a lot of coordination by phone.

So he might not be talking to anyone else on your freq, but he
still could be busier than a 1 armed paper hanger.

If he's got aircraft on other frequencies you'll hear his transmissions to
those other aircraft on your frequency, you just won't hear the other
aircraft.

Is that always true? I know I hear this pattern sometimes, but I thought
it wasn't necessarily true.

In any event, if he's spending time on the 'phone coordinating, we
won't hear that.

Cheers,
Sydney