Old April 3rd 04, 06:23 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Denyav" wrote in message
The whole avionics suite of the F-22 is now obsolete, and w

Whole avionics suite?
I think thats an understatement

True, but the money is already spent.

.Normally a program this far into production can't be cancelled, but
this program seems to be trying real hard...

LOL

No, the F-22 has been hosed from before there was a YF-22. The fighter
mafia screwed the pooch mightily on this one. To actually try to do with
the i960 what Intel themselves failed to do with the i860 is laughable.

I remember the i432 we received to do controls development for large space
structures at RPL and it was supposed to be capable of being faster than our
Cyber 180. Intel was toast on that one and IBM was more than happy to
corner the 8088 market.